Kelley House—Knox County’s Museum
In 1882 John and Catherine Kelley commissioned local carpenter Jake Bishoff to construct their home at 408 E. Lafayette Street in Edina. John Kelley was born in 1846 in Ireland. He first settled in Ohio where he met his wife, Catherine Golden, and the couple moved to Edina in 1871. In 2015 their descendants, John B. and Erlene Kelley, willed the home to the Knox County Historical Society. The home and many of its contents have remained intact for roughly 140 years.
The Museum is located at 408 E. Lafayette Street in Edina. It is open to the public from May to September, and scheduled groups are welcome at any time. There is no entrance fee, but donations are gratefully accepted.